Version Affected: 19.x onwards
With Authorization Code flow, when an External OIDC app receives a code from SecureAuth, it reaches back out to the SecureAuth box to exchange that code for an Access and ID Token.
If the OIDC app is External, the app always talks to the DMZ IdP for the token exchange even if the User logged in internally.
In 19.x onwards, this results in a failure when testing internally.
On the external server in the debug log you'll see Authorization code failed decryption
In 19.x onwards, we increased the security for how we create the Auth Code.
Use the same "ConfigPassPhrase" on the internal and external boxes.
1. On the External box, decrypt the web.config
2. Open the Web.config and search for "ConfigPassPhrase"
3. Copy this value
4. On the internal box, navigate to D:\SecureAuth\SecureAuth123\ and take a backup of the current web.config
5. On the internal box, decrypt the web.config.
6. Open the Web.config and search for "ConfigPassPhrase"
7. Replace the value with the value copied in step 3.
8. Save the web.config
SecureAuth Knowledge Base Articles provide information based on specific use cases and may not apply to all appliances or configurations. Be advised that these instructions could cause harm to the environment if not followed correctly or if they do not apply to the current use case.
Customers are responsible for their own due diligence prior to utilizing this information and agree that SecureAuth is not liable for any issues caused by misconfiguration directly or indirectly related to SecureAuth products.
Please sign in to leave a comment.