Version Affected: All
Despite WindowsSSO/IWA being enabled, Chrome and Edge are prompting for credentials or throwing a 401 error
This can be caused by the Browser settings not allowing Kerberos to the IdP URL.
1. On the end users workstation, open Regedit
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge for Edge
or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome for Chrome
if the path doesn't exist yet, create the keys so that it does exist.
3. Add the following string value
4. With a value of the IdP URL. This can be the exact URL or a wildcard such as *.secureauthlab.com
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 using AuthServerAllowlist
Special Considerations :
Please note, the registry values are case sensitive.
There are ADMX files available from the Browser vendors to set these setting via Group Policy
SecureAuth Knowledge Base Articles provide information based on specific use cases and may not apply to all appliances or configurations. Be advised that these instructions could cause harm to the environment if not followed correctly or if they do not apply to the current use case.
Customers are responsible for their own due diligence prior to utilizing this information and agree that SecureAuth is not liable for any issues caused by misconfiguration directly or indirectly related to SecureAuth products.