Version Affected: All (Cloud only)
When a User attempts to login to a realm with a valid userid and it fails, take a look in the Debug log for the reason. For example, Debug log shows
Message="CloudMembershipManager.GetUser exception: Status(StatusCode=DeadlineExceeded, Detail="Deadline Exceeded")"
Connector does not have a current and correct configuration
If the Connector was not installed/running or was otherwise unreachable when the DataStore was created or updated, it will not have the latest Datastore configuration.
1. Make sure the Connector service is running
2. Open up the Admin Console and re-type the Password for each DataStore to force the config down to the Connector.
3. Check the Connector Config has updated by checking the Data modified on C:\Program Files\SecureAuth Corporation\SecureAuth Connector\SecureAuth.Agent.Service.exe.Config
4. If it still hasn't updated, take a look for errors in the log file
C:\ProgramData\SecureAuth Corporation\SecureAuth Connector\logs
5. If it has updated but the User cannot login, again take a look at C:\ProgramData\SecureAuth Corporation\SecureAuth Connector\logs as it should give details on why the User lookup is failing.
We've seen a problem where the default permissions to the C:\Program Files\SecureAuth Corporation\SecureAuth Connector\ folder had been changed, removing the Modify permissions required by Network Service and this prevented the Config file being updated.
SecureAuth Knowledge Base Articles provide information based on specific use cases and may not apply to all appliances or configurations. Be advised that these instructions could cause harm to the environment if not followed correctly or if they do not apply to the current use case.
Customers are responsible for their own due diligence prior to utilizing this information and agree that SecureAuth is not liable for any issues caused by misconfiguration directly or indirectly related to SecureAuth products.