SecureAuth Idp Version affected: 9.3, 19.07
In environments where internet access is only available via a proxy server, the IdP admin console will not open and gets stuck on a blank white screen.
IdP version 9.3 uses a feature in IIS called ARR (Application Request Routing). This works in a similar fashion to a proxy so when behind another proxy server it needs to be configured to chain the proxy requests.
Note, it's important to be aware that IIS ARR does not allow or proxy credentials so the proxy being used must allow unauthenticated proxy access from all IdPs.
1. Take a snapshot of the IdP.
2. Open IIS Manager, click on the server name and then Application Request Routing Cache.
3. In the right-hand pane click "Server Proxy Settings".
4. Scroll down until you see Proxy Chain and enter the proxy details here, then click Apply.
5. Ensure that all IPs documented here are allowed through the proxy: https://docs.secureauth.com/display/KBA/SecureAuth+Cloud+Services
6. Try the admin console once more.
Also see this article:
SecureAuth Knowledge Base Articles provide information based on specific use cases and may not apply to all appliances or configurations. Be advised that these instructions could cause harm to the environment if not followed correctly or if they do not apply to the current use case.
Customers are responsible for their own due diligence prior to utilizing this information and agree that SecureAuth is not liable for any issues caused by misconfiguration directly or indirectly related to SecureAuth products.
Please sign in to leave a comment.