SecureAuth IdP Version affected: All
Description: Trying to deploy OVA but it's saying it is the wrong hardware version
The OVA is built using a very recent version of ESXi and so the Virtual machine hardware version may be newer than what your VMware can handle
1. Extract the .OVA file using 7-Zip File Manager or WinZip to a folder
Select the .ova file and extract the contents to a folder.
Extract to a folder of the same name as the image file (without the file extension)
You will see the .vmdk files, an .ovf file and possibly a .mf file in the folder.
2. Edit the .ovf file using Notepad or another text editor.
3. Search for <vssd:VirtualSystemType>vmx-
4. Change vmx-13 to e.g. vmx-10 (or another hw-version depending on your ESXi version)
5. Save the changes to the .ovf file and close the file.
6. If present, remove the .mf file from the folder
7. Import the OVF Template as typically done in your environment.
SecureAuth Knowledge Base Articles provide information based on specific use cases and may not apply to all appliances or configurations. Be advised that these instructions could cause harm to the environment if not followed correctly or if they do not apply to the current use case.
Customers are responsible for their own due diligence prior to utilizing this information and agree that SecureAuth is not liable for any issues caused by misconfiguration directly or indirectly related to SecureAuth products.