SecureAuth Idp Version affected: All
When using SQL to store some of the Profile entries for a user, the following error occurs
SqlProfileProvider.SetPropertyValues: Error received when saving data to user storage, exception: Procedure or function 'sp_UpdateUserProfile' expects parameter '@FirstName', which was not supplied.
The Standard SQL Stored Procedures included in older documentation expects a value for all attributes. This isn't a problem when using SQL as the complete profile store but when only using it for a few attributes, if these values are missing, it throws an error
Please proceed with caution. If you're unfamiliar with SQL, it would be better to contact our Tailoring team so they can customise the SQL stored procedures for your needs. These instructions are provided as an example only, SecureAuth does not provide support for issues that arise from improper usage of SQL Server Management Studio. Always take a backup.
1. Open SQL Management Studio
2. Expand "UserStore" (Default name for SecureAuth SQL DB)
3. Expand Programmability | Stored Procedures
4. Right click on dbo.sp_UpdateUserProfile and select Modify
5. Append = '' to the end of each variable that does not already have a default value. See screenshot for example of how this will look.
6. Click Execute to save the change.