SecureAuth IdP Versions Affected: 9.0+
Description: After configuring a Password Reset realm with the Enforce History option, testing shows that password history is not being enforced
Cause: This happens when using a Web Service connection on the Data Tab instead of a direct AD connection. The Password Reset settings from the Web Service realm is used instead of the current realm.
1. Open the SecureAuth Admin Console
2. Navigate to the Password Reset realm
3. Click on the Post Auth tab
4. Click Configure Password Reset Page
5. Now, click on the Web Service realm. This will take you into the Password Reset settings but for the Web Service realm.
6. Configure the required settings and click save.
SecureAuth Knowledge Base Articles provide information based on specific use cases and may not apply to all appliances or configurations. Be advised that these instructions could cause harm to the environment if not followed correctly or if they do not apply to the current use case.
Customers are responsible for their own due diligence prior to utilizing this information and agree that SecureAuth is not liable for any issues caused by misconfiguration directly or indirectly related to SecureAuth products.