SecureAuth IdP Versions Affected: All
Description: The latest AnyConnect app needs a specific procedure to import certificates. It is not allowed to access Certicates stored in the iOS Profile.
Without this, Users will see
Causes: The latest iOS no longer supports the legacy Any Connect app.
1. Make sure the Post Auth action for your ASA realm is set to "Create PFX Link (ASA)"
2. On the Device, log into the SecureAuth webpage to get a link to the PFX file.
If you're using Safari and you click on the link, it'll try to download it into your iOS Profile which doesn't help as AnyConnect is not allowed to access that.
3. Long press on the link and this will give you the option to Copy the link.
4. Now, switch to the AnyConnect App
5. Click Diagnostics | Certificates | Import User Certificate
6. In the Enter URL box, Paste the link from earlier and hit enter
7. This will then download the Cert and ask for a Password (This is the same password that you used to log into the SecureAuth Website)
8. You can now use this Cert to log into the VPN.
SecureAuth Knowledge Base Articles provide information based on specific use cases and may not apply to all appliances or configurations. Be advised that these instructions could cause harm to the environment if not followed correctly or if they do not apply to the current use case.
Customers are responsible for their own due diligence prior to utilizing this information and agree that SecureAuth is not liable for any issues caused by misconfiguration directly or indirectly related to SecureAuth products.