How to set up Secure Portal to display realms only to those that are allowed access.
Some clients may wish to have the Secure Portal realm only show the realms that the groups have access to. This is very useful for clients that have specific realms that should be only visible to a certain group of users but using the same secure portal. The secure portal does not go through authentication workflow again when it links to another realm, so security measures such as adaptive authentication will not apply when attempting to link to a realm found in the Secure Portal.
1. Go to the Data Tab in the Realm you wish to Allow only specific group access in Secure Portal.
2. Under Membership Connection Settings > Group Permissions.
3. Choose User Group Check Type "Allow Access" to allow you to specify the groups allowed to access this realm.
4. Under User Groups input the User Groups you with to Allow. This will deny anyone else access to view the realm on the Secure Portal that is not in these groups.
5. Save and watch as your secure portal will show the realm for those specified groups and not show for everyone else.
Note: Currently, this only works with Allow Access and not Deny Access. With Deny Access, it may still deny the user access to the realm, but it will show the realm on the Secure Portal page.
SecureAuth Knowledge Base Articles provide information based on specific use cases and may not apply to all appliances or configurations. Be advised that these instructions could cause harm to the environment if not followed correctly or if they do not apply to the current use case.
Customers are responsible for their own due diligence prior to utilizing this information and agree that SecureAuth is not liable for any issues caused by misconfiguration directly or indirectly related to SecureAuth products.
Please sign in to leave a comment.