SecureAuth IdP Version affected: All
By default, IIS recycles the AppPool every 29hours (1740 minutes) This can cause it to recycle during busy times and give the appearance of a performance issue or outage for using trying to interact with the site during the time the recycle takes place.
Cause: This is a default IIS setting and we recommend changing it.
Instead of having the AppPool recycle every 29hours, it may make more sense to pick a quiet time for it to recycle.
1. Open IIS
2. Navigate to Application Pools
3. Click on .Net 4.5 Application Pool and select Advanced Settings
4. Scroll down to "Specific Times" and click on the three dots to edit
5. Click Add and set the time to a quiet time. In this example it is 1:30am
6. Click OK to close the TimeSpan Window
7. Click OK to close the Advanced Settings window.
SecureAuth Knowledge Base Articles provide information based on specific use cases and may not apply to all appliances or configurations. Be advised that these instructions could cause harm to the environment if not followed correctly or if they do not apply to the current use case.
Customers are responsible for their own due diligence prior to utilizing this information and agree that SecureAuth is not liable for any issues caused by misconfiguration directly or indirectly related to SecureAuth products.