Version Affected: ALL
How do you create a Vanity URL for use with SecureAuth Identity Platform?
Identity Platform Realm URLs will always be in the below format by default (where 'xxx' is the Realm number):
Sometimes it is preferred to serve these URLs in a different way for aesthetic reasons, if that is required then how is that configured?
A Vanity URL is created within Microsoft IIS, simply follow the below steps
- Open IIS Manager on the Identity Platform Appliance
- Expand the Tree until you see 'Default Web Site' (Server - Sites - Default Web Site)
- Right click 'Default Web Site' and choose 'Add Application...'
- For the 'Alias' enter your preferred Vanity URL, for example 'PasswordReset'
- Change the 'Application Pool' to '.Net 4.5' (this is the default Application Pool used for Identity Platform Realms)
- Change 'Physical Path' and give it the Full Path to the Realm you want to apply the Vanity URL to (for example D:\SecureAuth\SecureAuth3)
An example of a Vanity URL creation
Once complete simply click 'OK' and you should be able to browse to your new Vanity URL as well as the original URL
Special Considerations (optional as needed):
Vanity URLs are also copied/created by Filesync so a new Vanity URL will only need to be created the Primary Identity Platform Server if Filesync is active in the environment
SecureAuth Knowledge Base Articles provide information based on specific use cases and may not apply to all appliances or configurations. Be advised that these instructions could cause harm to the environment if not followed correctly or if they do not apply to the current use case.
Customers are responsible for their own due diligence prior to utilizing this information and agree that SecureAuth is not liable for any issues caused by misconfiguration directly or indirectly related to SecureAuth products.