Version Affected: 22.02+
Upgrading to IdP v22.02 or greater requires an update from .NET Core 2.x to 3.1. Here is a reference for each version that uses .NET Core and their .NET Core requirements.
1. Download and put on the box the .NET Core 3.1 version from Microsoft here.
Specifically, the Hosting Bundle located under ASP.NET Core Runtime.
2. Open up Add and Remove Programs on the box.
3. Uninstall these .NET Core entries:
Microsoft .NET Core 2.x - Windows Server Hosting
Microsoft .NET Core Runtime - 2.x (x64)
Microsoft .NET Core Runtime - 2.x (x86)
Microsoft ASP.NET Core 2.x - Shared Framework
Microsoft ASP.NET Core 2.x - Shared Framework (different size)
4. Run as Administrator the .NET Core 3.1 (dotnet-hosting-3.1.x-win.exe) installer.
5. Check to see those .NET Core 3.1 entries in the Add and Remove Programs.
If you have accidentally installed .NET Core 3.1 before uninstalling 2.x, then you will need some additional steps.
1. Uninstall .NET Core 2.x (step 3 of the Instructions above).
2. Run as Administrator the .NET Core 3.1 (dotnet-hosting-3.1.x-win.exe) installer.
3. Hit Repair.
SecureAuth Knowledge Base Articles provide information based on specific use cases and may not apply to all appliances or configurations. Be advised that these instructions could cause harm to the environment if not followed correctly or if they do not apply to the current use case.
Customers are responsible for their own due diligence prior to utilizing this information and agree that SecureAuth is not liable for any issues caused by misconfiguration directly or indirectly related to SecureAuth products.