Version Affected: All
How to disable Debug text logging on all realms
The debug text logs can consume a lot of disk space over time. It is common to forget to disable debug logging after troubleshooting which can eventually lead to multiple realms having debug logging enabled. The Admin console does not offer an easy way to disable debug logging in bulk.
The Disable-SATextDebugLogging tool can be used to disable debug logging on all realms.
1. Important, although Disable-SATextDebugLogging has been thoroughly tested it is very important to take a snapshot or backup of IdP prior to running the tool.
2. Download Disable-SATextDebugLogging to the IdP:
3. Run the tool on the IdP from any folder where you have write permissions
4. To begin with the tool will back up all the web.config files in D:\SecureAuth\* and write a rollback batch file to a subfolder called Rollback within the same folder containing the executable.
5. The tool will then decrypt all the web.config files, disable debug text logging in all realms and then encrypt them again. It will also write a log file to the same folder as the executable. When complete the log file will be automatically opened.
6. If desired, the entire operation can be rolled back by running the batch file in the Rollback folder. Run this as Administrator.
An improved tool that allows the other logs to be adjusted too can be found here:
SecureAuth Knowledge Base Articles provide information based on specific use cases and may not apply to all appliances or configurations. Be advised that these instructions could cause harm to the environment if not followed correctly or if they do not apply to the current use case.
Customers are responsible for their own due diligence prior to utilizing this information and agree that SecureAuth is not liable for any issues caused by misconfiguration directly or indirectly related to SecureAuth products.