SecureAuth IdP Version Affected: Not Applicable.
This is useful in case a customer wants the default landing page to redirect users to a different realm, such as the secure portal.
By default, if a user goes to the default IIS landing page (e.g. https://secure.auth) they will only see a landing page that reflects the version of IIS they are running. Use this guide to redirect users to a different realm.
Make the proper changes to the iisstart.htm file to redirect users to the desired realm or page.
- Go to D:\inetpub\wwwroot and locate iisstart.htm. Copy it, but don't paste yet! Rename the iisstart.htm file to issstart-old.htm. NOW you can paste the original file. This way makes sure you keep the old config around in case of a mis-configuration with the new settings you're about to do.
- Open iisstart.htm, running notepad as administrator, and locate the following section of html: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
- Change it to the following: <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=THE REALM YOU WANT TO REDIRECT TO" />
- That's it. The next steps are completely optional.
- If you leave the rest of the html in the page, your users will see the landing page for a split second before redirecting. Optionally, you can get rid of everything inside of the <body> tags, and the <div> at the bottom of the page too. Something like this will work fine:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=YOUR REALM" />
<title>Secure Portal Redirect</title>