SecureAuth version affected: All
SSL/TLS may need to be enabled/disabled due to environmental factors or restrictions throughout any given time through the server's lifespan.
TLS versions may be turned off due to security server hardening or cipher/protocol lockdowns.
Enabled or disable TLS/SSL as needed be.
- Open up regedit.exe and navigate to the key location provided:
- Once here, expand Protocols, there will be the following:
- To disable or enable a protocol, expand Server or Client, whichever you want to change and adjust the value to the following:
0 - off
1 - on
0x00000000 - off
0xffffffff - on (4294967295)
- For example, to disable TLS 1.0 on the server side, you would Set DisabledByDefault to 1 and Enabled to 0 These are DWORD values
- Once the respective changes are made, restart the server for the registry to propagate.
- The screenshot below shows TLS 1.2 Enabled for Server communication.