SecureAuth IdP Version Affected: All
How to enable additional logging for SMTP sessions from the IdP.
Sometimes an SMTP session can cause an exception but no further information is provided other than that there was an exception e.g.:
OTPHtmlEmailProvider.Send, Exception: Failure sending mail.
In such circumstances and where it's desirable to see the actual SMTP commands and the responses from the SMTP server, it's possible to turn on trace logging in .NET to capture the SMTP sessions.
2. Select the relevant realm and click the Decrypt button.
4. Edit the web.config in a text editor and scroll down to the last line.
Insert the contents of the attached file just above the final line, where it says </configuration>.
5. Once complete, save it and encrypt the web.config .
6. If it's working then a new log file called System.net.trace.log will be created in the realm folder once email is being sent from the realm.
7. Be aware that the .NET trace logging creates substantial log file sizes so be sure to revert the logging back to normal when debugging has been completed.
SecureAuth Knowledge Base Articles provide information based on specific use cases and may not apply to all appliances or configurations. Be advised that these instructions could cause harm to the environment if not followed correctly or if they do not apply to the current use case.
Customers are responsible for their own due diligence prior to utilizing this information and agree that SecureAuth is not liable for any issues caused by misconfiguration directly or indirectly related to SecureAuth products