1. What is the MTBF (average mean time between failure) for tokens?
MTBF of HID Mini Token is 8.78 years
2. If a battery is required to power the token, what is the battery life?
3. Is there a requirement to have users recharge the token? Can the battery be replaced?
There is no user requirement to recharge the token. Batteries cannot be replaced
4. What is the operating temperature range?
0°C to +55°C (32 to 131 °F) 90% RH non condensing
5. Are the tokens water resistant or waterproof?
HID Tokens are rated IPX67 (International Protection Marking)
6. Have tokens gone through rugged testing?
HID run periodical tests on products coming out of the production line, covering the following aspects:
- Climatic tests
- Keypad durability tests
- Drop tests
- Abrasion and friction resistance tests
- Protection against Dust tests
- Vibration tests
- Compression tests
- Humidity environmental tests
- Protection against Mechanical impact tests
7. What warranty is available for the tokens? What is the process for replacing tokens that fail under warranty?
1 year warranty. Devices needs to be returned to our support center and replacement devices will be sent back if within warranty period
8. Is there expiration for an individual token? If so, how long is a token valid? What is the process required to renew the token, or after expiring, would the token need to be replaced?
No, HID Tokens do not expire
9. What time to deliver would be expected for an order of (tokens): 1,000? 10,000? 70,000?
For standard products, quantities of 1000 and below are available in inventory. For quantities of 10,000 the lead time is 6 weeks and for 70,000 typical lead time is 8 weeks. If the product is customized (logo, branding), lead time is typically 6 to 10 weeks depending on quantity
10. What standards are supported by the tokens?
OATH HOTP (RFC4226), OATH TOTP (RFC6238), OCRA (RFC6287)