SecureAuth IdP Version affected: All
Clients would like to change the verbiage of the email that goes out for new user creation.
The email that gets sent out is part of the VB script, so this documentation shows how to manual edit it, and even add it as an option for content and localization.
Extract the parameters and reference them in the language_en.resx page.
This is the option in the the email notification for a new user setup.
- Once the email notification is turned on, the CreateUser.aspx.VB generates the email template sent out. In order to be able to change the verbiage, this is the extract that code from the file itself here since this VB has been compiled into the DLLs.
- We are going to use the parameters createuser_emailfrom, createuser_emailsubject, and createuser_emailbody and insert this into the Language_EN.resx file located in D:\Secureauth\(Your user creation realm)\Resource.
- Open up the Language_EN.resx file in Notepad++, or whatever text editor you have. Go to the bottom, and copy another data name 3 times
- Here are the data inserts:
<data name="createuser_emailfrom" xml:space="preserve">
<data name="createuser_emailsubject" xml:space="preserve">
<value>Your account has been created</value>
<data name="createuser_emailbody" xml:space="preserve">
<value>%f,<br /><br/>The following account has been created:<br /><br/>Username: %u<br /><br/>Password: %p</value>
So by the end, it will look like this:
- Finally, once that's saved, go back into the realm you're in and go to Overview > Content and localization, then scroll to the bottom and you will see the parameters you can now adjust here.