Applicable SecureAuth IdP Versions: All Versions
Out of the box, the SecureAuth IdP generates log entries that look like this, without separators (see Figure 1):
However, you can make edits to the web.config file of the realm to generate logs that would look like this see Figure 2):
There are 3 places in the web.config file where you can put in the changes so that you would see the appropriate separators in the text files outputted to the IdP server's local file system:
For each log file, you can add in any combination of the following:
a. Header Only
b. Footer Only
c. Header and Footer
Steps for Adding the Separators:
1. Click on the System Info tab in the web admin interface of the realm you want to add the separator in.
2. Click on the "Click to edit Web Config file." link found at the bottom of the System Info page.
3. In the opened Web Config Editor look for the following XML node:
a. For Audit.Log: <add name="Audit Text File"
b. For Debug.Log: <add name="Debug Text File"
c. For Warning.Log: <add name="Error Text File"
4. For each of the XML node, you should see the following attributes:
Each of these attributes should be empty, signifying that no separator has been declared between log entries.
5. Add in the desired string value between the double quotes to generate the desired separator.
a. Adding the string value in the header attribute will place the separator before each log entry.
b. Adding the string value in the footer attribute will place the separator after each log entry.
Following these steps will give you the separators similar to that outlined in Figure 2 above.