SecureAuth version affected: 9.x onwards
Changes are not showing up once C&L verbiages are changed. The changes are saved in the .RESX successfully, but the resource compiler is not pushing the new builds so the web page does not show the updated text.
There are numerous causes for this to happen; see this article for other examples. In this KB we will cover permissions.
In 9.x, the Admin realm runs as an IIS AppPool identity. Where as previously, it ran as a local account. The AppPool identity needs permissions.
1. On the IdP, navigate to C:\Windows\Temp
2. Rename or Remove the file ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5.AssemblyAttributes.cs"
3. Try to update the Verbiage again.
Only proceed to the next steps if it still doesn't work after step 3. Also, ensure you have a backup/snapshot of the machine before proceeding.
4. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA
5. Right click on MachineKeys and select Properties | Security
6. Grab a screenshot of these permissions and send them to Support. If they are not standard, this is likely to be the cause of the issue. We no longer recommend adding in extra permissions at this level as it can change the available CSP for your certificates.
SecureAuth Knowledge Base Articles provide information based on specific use cases and may not apply to all appliances or configurations. Be advised that these instructions could cause harm to the environment if not followed correctly or if they do not apply to the current use case.
Customers are responsible for their own due diligence prior to utilizing this information and agree that SecureAuth is not liable for any issues caused by misconfiguration directly or indirectly related to SecureAuth products.