SecureAuth IdP Version Affected: All
A realm configured to connect to a Web Service realm fails.
Debug logs show https://localhost/secureauthxx/webservice/membershipws.svc, exception: The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'. The authentication header received from the server was 'Negotiate,NTLM'.
The realm that is hosting the Web Service is configured for Windows SSO
Consider hosting the Web Service on a Realm that is not configured for SSO.
If this is not possible, do the following steps.
1. Open IIS
2. Navigate to the realm hosting the Web Service
3. Expand the realm and click on the sub-folder WebService
4. In the Feature view double click Authentication
5. Enable Anonymous authentication
6. It will now be possible to connect to the Web Service again.Consider opening the Admin Console, navigating to the Logs tab on the realms discovered in the steps above and turn off the extra logging until needed again.
SecureAuth Knowledge Base Articles provide information based on specific use cases and may not apply to all appliances or configurations. Be advised that these instructions could cause harm to the environment if not followed correctly or if they do not apply to the current use case.
Customers are responsible for their own due diligence prior to utilizing this information and agree that SecureAuth is not liable for any issues caused by misconfiguration directly or indirectly related to SecureAuth products.