SecureAuth IdP Version affected: All versions
Description: When attempting to access the Admin Console on a SecureAuth IdP server, the error page below results.
This error page arises despite the fact that TLS is enabled in Internet Explorer's Internet Options -> Advance menu and on the server's registry.
Cause: The server does not have a certificate selected for Default Web Site in IIS's 443 site bindings.
Resolution: Bind an appliance certificate, or purchased wild-card certificate, to Default Web Site on the server.
Open Internet Information Services Manager (IIS)
- From the left-hand panel, in the manager window, expand the directory under your machine’s name.
- Expand Sites and click Default Web Site.
- From the right-hand panel, click Bindings...
- From the Site Bindings window, select https 443, and click Edit...
- Under SSL certificate you will see Not selected. Use the SSL certificate drop down menu to select an appropriate certificate. The View... button can be used to show more information about the certificate that's being selected.
- Click OK and test.
- You should now have access to the server's Admin Console.
**Note: If your desired certificate does not appear in the SSL certificate drop-down menu, it may not have been properly imported into the certificate console. Be sure that the certificate is in the Personal folder of the Local Machine and that the certificate has a private key.