SecureAuth IdP Version - All
When attempting to backup your Secure Auth Server Using Dell AppAssure the following error message is displayed:
DEBUG 2014-09-30T09:08:01  - Replay.Core.Implementation.Agents.AgentsConnectionHelper () Failed to connect to agent https://xx.xx.xx.xx:8006/apprecovery/api/agent/. WCFClientBase.ClientServerErrorException: Call to service method https://xx.xx.xx.xx:8006/apprecovery/api/agent/pair/connect/?useNtlmOnly=True GET failed ---> Microsoft.Http.HttpStageProcessingException ---> System.Net.WebException ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xx.xx.xx.xx:8006
Cause - TLS 1.0 is Not enabled on the SecureAuth Server
How to enable TLS 1.0:
1. Launch the SecureAuth Crypto Tool at D:\MFCApp_Bin\Extras\CryptoTool\CryptoTool.bat
The splash page for the tool appears. The page advances automatically in 5 seconds, or the spacebar can be pressed to advance manually.
2. If the terms are accepted, type AGREE at the prompt and press Enter. If the terms are not accepted, press Enter and the script exits automatically.
The Main Menu opens.
3. In the Main Menu, type 1 and press Enter.
The Registry will now be updated.
The configuration change is now complete.
The appliance must be rebooted for the changes to take effect.
Note - If Crypto tool is not located, you can install with the following steps:
1. Download the Crypto Tool to the SecureAuth IdP appliance.
2. Navigate to the download, right-click on the archive, select Properties, and view the General tab.
3. If the Unblock button is present in the tab, click it then press OK to dismiss the Properties window.
4. Right-click the archive file again and select Extract All.
5. Extract the archive to D:\MFCApp_Bin\Extras.