SecureAuth version affected: All
Changes are not showing up once C&L verbiages are changed. The changes are saved in the .RESX successfully, but the resource compiler is not pushing the new builds.
There are numerous causes for this to happen; it could be some files are missing, possible corrupt hierarchy of resource files, missing text lines in certain files, or even simply a stuck build
Push the build manually to see what errors it throws, from there, you can deduct what is going on and figure out how to solve it.
- Open up command prompt as administrator, and run this command.
(Run this command for pre 8.1.1)
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\MSBuild.exe D:\SecureAuth\ResourceCompiler\MFA.SecureAuth.Resource.csproj /p:Configuration=Release
(Run this command for post 8.1.1)
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe D:\SecureAuth\ResourceCompiler\MFA.SecureAuth.Resource811.csproj /p:Configuration=Release
- There will be a lot of colored text, but go ahead and ignore most of them for now and we're just looking for what is in red before the Build FAILED part.
- From here, you can see that it throws an error saying 'Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs could not be found. If we go look at the file directory, here is what we see in this case.
- We see that AssemblyInfo.cs exists, but for some peculiar reason, the Properties folder is not there. Go ahead and create the folder and place the respective file in that folder.
- Once that is complete, go ahead and run the build manually again and see if it returns errors. If not, it'll say Build succeeded. Then you're done! The verbiage will now reflect the proper changes.