Description: The FileSync Service Setup stalls during the installation of the FileSync Service, hanging at the "Create FileSync Service" step.
Cause: The Setup.bat is supposed to stop 2 services during setup, the W3SVC and LanmanServer (Server) services. For some reason, the installation module fails to stop these services, interfering with the installation of the FileSync service.
1. Stop the FileSync Setup script.
2. Run Services.msc
3. Look for the following services as listed under the Name column:
- Server (LanmanServer)
- World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC)
4. If both services are running, stop them, and set the Startup type to Disabled
5. Run the FileSync Service Setup script again.
6. Once the FileSync Service Setup script finishes the installation, set the Startup type of the 2 services listed in step 3 back to Automatic, and start them again.