Version Affected: 19.07.01+
When creating a new realm in the New Experience, we can select the realm number to be used. If you take a look at the list though, it only goes to 990 instead of the full 999.
A configuration setting in the Admin API maxes the realm view to 990.
An update to the Admin Api's web.config file will resolve this issue. To make the change, follow these steps:
1. Launch the Admin console
2. Switch to Classic Admin/Advanced Settings
3. Click on 'Tools -> Decrypt Web Config'
4. Select the 'Admin API', click Decrypt
5. Browse to D:\SecureAuth\Api
6. Open/Edit the web.config file
7. In the web.config file, search for:
8. Change the value from '990' to '999'
9. Close and save the web.config file.
10. Go back to the New Experience and create the realm, you will now see the drop-down goes up to the max of 999.
SecureAuth Knowledge Base Articles provide information based on specific use cases and may not apply to all appliances or configurations. Be advised that these instructions could cause harm to the environment if not followed correctly or if they do not apply to the current use case.
Customers are responsible for their own due diligence prior to utilizing this information and agree that SecureAuth is not liable for any issues caused by misconfiguration directly or indirectly related to SecureAuth products.