This article is to inform how to install a module and create a new logging option for an x-forwarded-for field.
- First, please download the module from the Microsoft website provided below and install it.
**NOTE** It does not require a reboot for the function to work, but you will need to reset IIS once you have created the respective logging categories.
- Go into IIS once you have rebooted, and you will see a new icon labeled "Advanced Logging". Double click on this to open this up.
- On the right side panel, please enable advanced logging.
- After it's enabled, please click "edit logging fields".
- From here, go ahead and "add field".
- Fill out the new logging field respectively.
- Now we're going to create a new logging event.
- To create a new log, you can add whichever other fields you wish to have, but make sure you add our new logging field by clicking "select fields".
- Select the new logging field we created.
- Once you're done, you will need to reset IIS in order for this new log event to kick into effect! Happy logging!