Versions Affected: RADIUS 2.2+/IdP 8.1+
Description: Users want to utilize Domain/Username format to login to RADIUS but are unable to
Cause: RADIUS does not recognize the login format of Domain/Username
1. Make sure that the "Datastore Type" is set for "Active Directory (UPN)" under the Data tab.
2. Configure the API Key on the realm and add the Application ID and Application Key on RADIUS.
3. In order for RADIUS to use the Domain\Username format, a properties file needs to be created within the RADIUS configuration files.
(1) Go to C:\idpRADIUS\bin\conf\domainUPNSuffixes.properties. *Note: If domainUPNSuffixes.properties does not exist, the file must be created and placed in this path. (Create the file in an Administrator Mode notepad)
(2) Add an entry to convert the domain - e.g. hide=hide.sasp.local or hide1=hide1.com
(3) Save the entry
When the end-user makes a Domain\Username entry in the user ID field, the RADIUS server will automatically convert the entry to the UPN format.
With these configuration changes, your client that is integrated with RADIUS will now accept the Domain\Username Format.